Friday, December 24, 2010

meet jose gonzalez

"- I didn’t want to write about love but find other, though equally universal themes for the songs. These are things I have always been thinking about. But the last six months I became a lot more interested in it after I read the book The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. He’s an evolutionary biologist. But the lyrics are far from biological, I’d like to point that out. It’s mainly the theme that interests me, José González says." - jose site

Jose Gonzalez creates a steady, simple but genius sound. His music emphasizes nature, human tendencies and tells almost short stories. I first began listening to his music when I needed some specific songs for an English project. Paulo Coelho's novel The Alchemist is a perfect candidate for Gonzalez's music, a simple but honest tale that reaches deep into your thoughts for quite a unique culmination of insight and pleasure.
listen here 

No comments:

Post a Comment